A. Hello, Sue. It appears like each parenting resolution is extra distinguished as of late, doesn’t it? I feel it’s nice you’re so invested in your little one’s studying. I’ve spent nearly 20 years tutoring kids of all ages and the very first thing I’ll at all times ask is: what does success appear to be? Each little one is totally different and requires a tailor-made method – that begins with a transparent understanding of their wants.
It feels like Elena (nice title, by the way in which – it’s an anagram of my 2-year-old Leena) might profit from a tutor who has the next traits:
- They make studying enjoyable on your little one – Elena ought to look ahead to her periods reasonably than be stressed.
- They’ve a dependable method of figuring out Elena’s particular data gaps.
- They’ll put together a studying plan that’s tailor-made to Elena’s particular wants.
- They can assist Elena set studying targets and inspire her to realize them.
- They’ll measure Elena’s progress and report again to you in an in depth and well timed method.
- They’re versatile and may work to your schedule
It’s at all times value contemplating whether or not a human or digital tutor is finest. You may learn all about the advantages of digital tutoring right here. Maths-Whizz particularly has been designed with all the above in thoughts, and it’s additionally a fraction of the price of a human tutor.
In the long run it’s about what works on your little one – so I would recommend placing Elena within the sizzling seat and letting her resolve with you!
It’s a tough interval for us all however figuring out you might have achieved your finest on your little one is each reassuring and uplifting. Thanks once more for reaching out, Sue, and tell us the way you get on.